Wednesday, January 13, 2010

bunnies with smarts

 I have been in love with these crazy rabbits since I first spied them on Etsy about a year ago.  Something about the creative way their eyes are made makes me think they really have hearts, souls, dreams, aspirations, great wisdom, favorite colors... you get the idea.  They also look kind of bored, which cracks me up.  These adorable creatures are made by Dawn over at LookWhatICanDo on Etsy.  You can check out her blog here.  I have only made one foray into the world of sewing stuffed animals, a mom and baby elephant pair for a friend who was with child.  I don't have a photo, but trust me when I say they were nowhere near as artistic as these badass rabbits.   I got the pattern from Sew Everything Worskhop by Diana Rupp.  I love that book (and you will too!) because it has tons of simple sewing projects that you actually WANT to make.  It has been my bible during my hesitant journey toward becoming seamstress-like.  Still have a ways to go on that one...                                        

1 comments:

LookwhatIcando said...

Oh....this is a wonderful post thanks soooo very very much. I truly appreciate it.
Happy New Year....:)
Find me on flickr and friend me, I'll do the same :)

Post a Comment